Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thing 12: Find Something New 2.0

I decided to look at the Web 2.0 tool Little Bird Tales, which can be found at http://littlebirdtales.com/. This tool allows you to upload pictures, record voice or text, and email finished work. What I find so wonderful about the tool is the fact there are no ads or links to external sites, which can be distracting for my students. Also, there is an editing feature that allows you to 'doodle' on imported images.

I do not have a lot of reading material to use with my students, so I usually use PowerPoint to create something using our words of the week, etc. This would be a great alternative and students and parents could access it from home. With space and money always an issue, this tool saves on both as you do not have to print or store anything. I am excited to see the work my students could create.

No comments:

Post a Comment