Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thing 19: Skype




Mary Woody and I used Skype earlier this year with our classes. She has a student who used to go to my school, so we decided we would use Skype to allow our students to reconnect. My students were not only excited to see their old classmate, but were excited to see children their own age in another school. Because of the county consolidation, I will not be with my students next year. I hope one of their teachers would use Skype so we can keep in touch. By the way, my user name is burchbulldogs.


In one of the articles, I found a project titled, "The Progressive Story Project". School age students from all over the world in grades K-8 can register to write stories together. I think this would be a great project for my school. We could even start a project for high school students. An activity like this helps to alleviate the stress our sp.ed. students experience when it comes to reading and/or writing a story. Here is a link to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment