Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thing 13: Mid Module Reflection


I am amazed to read and see the progress everyone is making this year. It is something to see how nervous we were when we first met back in the summer. Now, everyone is talking about all these wonderful projects they have implemented in their classrooms.


While browsing through everyone's blog, I came across something Roger wrote. He said,

"Although much of the TIS journey has been slightly overwhelming. It's a bit like the anticipation of jumping into a mountain stream... you're sure the entrance into the is going to be a shock, but once you're in the water it's a terrific experience and it definitely wakes you up! It has, and continues to be, a task that I've enjoyed."

He couldn't have explained it better. Since day one, I have feared I couldn't do everything that was required of us. But, while I am late and may not finish, I have enjoyed this learning process. This time last year, I could not imagine sneaking to use a cell phone for math, science, English, and social studies. This time last year, my students had never touched a digital camera or video recorder. Now, because of TIS, they can teach their parents and grandparents how to use them. This has truely been an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment