Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thing 23: Final Reflection


This activity has truely been an experience and has served its intended purpose. I have learned so many new things as a result of this activity. To begin, never in a million years would I think I would enjoy blogging. I have always preferred writing over speaking, but never thought about blogging. If I had something interesting to say, I could seriously see myself becoming a blogger. Blogging would be very beneficial in the classroom. Blogging provides students the opportunity to express themselves and their ideas.


Next, I must state I have learned so many valuable uses for Twitter. In the past, when I heard the word Twitter, I automatically thought of people with too much time on their hands. Now, however, I see how students, teachers, parents, and administrators can use the tool in a variety of ways. I really enjoyed a teacher's recommendation of using Twitter to record class "aha" moments. I think I will begin by using it for bellringer and essential questions.


I have used many of the tools featured on the New 2.0 Tools site. I especially like littlebirdtales.com. I have used this with my students and they seem to enjoy it. We began by letting students take a camera home and take pictures of their house. It was nice to see where everyone calls home. Also, I have enjoyed using VoiceThread, Wordle, and many of the other tools with my students. It is amazing how well our students can learn and use all these wonderful tools.


I certainly have a better understanding of the NETS-T after participating in this activity. The tools we explored throughout this module lend themselves to facilitatiing and inspiring student learning and creativity, designing and developing Digital-Age learning experiences and assessments, modeling Digital-Age work and learning, promoting and modeling digital citizenship and responsibility, and engaging in professional growth and leadership.


No comments:

Post a Comment